2022 Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Online Lottery has closed.
Applications closed Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. If you have submitted an application for the 2022 HCV/Section 8 Lottery and you need to make changes to your submitted application, please click HERE.
Online Lottery applications submitted within the allotted time frame will be held in Maiker’s Lottery pool. Throughout the year random drawings will be held as Maiker has available funding. If an applicant is selected, they will be notified by mail to complete a formal application and be processed for eligibility.
Selected families must meet the following basic eligibility requirements but not limited to:
- Completion of the application and all other necessary forms.
- Submission of all required documents: Photo ID’s, Birth Certs/Social Security cards.
- Verification of Eligible Immigration status – If not a US citizen, verification documenting legal residency of the United States.
- Pass background check- applicants must not have engaged in any criminal activity within the last 36 months/3 years as reported by the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI).
- Income cannot exceed guidelines below:
|1 Person Family||2 Person Family||3 Person Family||4 Person Family||5 Person Family||6 Person Family||7 Person Family||8 Person Family|
|$41,050 or less||$46,900 or less||$52,750 or less||$58,600 or less||$63,300 or less||$68,000 or less||$73,700 or less||$77,400 or less|
Any applicant with a disability has an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation at any time. Maiker will provide reasonable accommodations required for effective communication and participation in its programs. For reasonable accommodation requests please contact 303-227-2013.
To hear recorded information regarding the lottery please call 303-227-2743.
Living Affordably in Adams County
Maiker provides access to affordable housing options for families and individuals in Adams County. A lottery-based application process determines which families will be selected from the Lottery and offered a voucher. Lottery submissions within the time frame allotted will be held in a lottery pool. Throughout the year, random drawings will be held as more vouchers become available. Review our
Lottery FAQs in English / in Spanish for eligibility information.
Emergency Housing Vouchers
Maiker Housing Partners has given local preferences to the identified groups:
- Literally Homeless: To access assessment, please visit either of the following partner agencies that provide direct service: Almost Home and Adams County Community Safety & Well-Being. View a comprehensive list of partner agencies here.
- Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking: Maiker receives direct referrals from Family Tree.
- Living in housing for formerly homeless people: MDHI is working with Rapid Rehousing (RRH) partners. If you are currently enrolled in RRH program, contact your case manager or RRH Provider to inquire about eligibility for EHV referral.
Maiker Housing Partners is not prioritizing the following EHV-eligible.
- At-Risk of Homelessness
Housing Choice Vouchers
Maiker administers 1,498 Housing Choice Vouchers on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This program helps low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent and safe housing in the private market. Since housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual, participants are able to find their own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses and apartments. When available, applicants are required to apply though our online Lottery system. Applicants are held in a lottery pool and once selected applicants will go through processing to determine formal eligibility.
Our Project-Based Voucher Program is designed to help families with rental assistance payments while assuring they are in decent, safe and affordable housing. This program requires interested eligible families to reside in Maiker-approved properties. Applicants are selected through our online Lottery system.
Family Reunification Program Vouchers
Maiker administers Family Unification Program Vouchers in partnership with the Adams County Department of Child and Family Services (ACDCFS). Through FUP, Maiker provides rental assistance to qualifying families whose lack of adequate housing is the primary cause of the separation, or imminent separation, of a child or children from their families. Initially, ACDCFS determines if the family meets their eligibility requirements and then refers the families to Maiker.
Family Self Sufficiency Program
The Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) program is an employment based program that assists families with identifying their strengths while providing support and resources to accomplish their goals. FSS has the unique benefit of providing a savings account as an incentive – as your income increases and you meet your goals, funds are deposited in the savings account. You must be a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) participant to qualify for the FSS program.
Low Income Public Housing
Rent and Utility Assistance
Shelly, GED Program and Smoking Cessation Program Participant
Find resources and tools for landlords of Maiker’s low-income properties, including information on utility allowance, banking and direct deposit forms, how to advertise vacant units and more.
Submit Your Vacancy
Maiker Housing Partners can help you fill your current rental vacancies. If you are interested in listing your properties, please call (303) 227-2075 or submit your vacancy online using our online form.