Maiker Housing Partners is disrupting generational poverty through socially conscious community development in Adams County. We are committed to addressing the systemic injustice that is the root of poverty. We do this by creating a pipeline of high-quality affordable housing, facilitating community building to impact change, and focusing on individual strengths so our members can create the life they aspire to live.
As one of over 3,000 Housing Authorities across the country, Maiker is a member of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials and works alongside other members from communities across the country to ensure housing needs are advocated for on a national level. Maiker collaborates with other Housing Authorities to collectively work towards the overarching mission of the industry to create attainable and sustainable housing and communities for vulnerable families and individuals.
Maiker is also proud of our approach to socially conscious community development, working in partnership with the community to invest in opportunities that will increase housing affordability. Through these efforts, we transform physical spaces to facilitate community building.
To disrupt generational poverty through socially conscious community development in Adams County.
- One Maiker, One Culture: We are one organization moving together in service to one mission.
- Poverty is systemic: Systemic injustice is at the root of poverty. We are busting the myth that people who are low income are the cause of poverty.
- We believe in people: Each of us has gifts, talents and power. When we recognize each other through our strengths, we can accomplish amazing things together.
- Everyone needs a home: A home is a place to be safe and secure. A home is also a place where people are welcomed, feel like they belong and have a sense of connection. At Maiker, our actions embody both.
- Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging: Diversity celebrates our differences, inclusion focuses on habits to engage everyone in meaningful ways and belonging shapes a culture of connection and honesty that allows us all to be our true selves.
- Safe and Sound: We are passionate about safety and wellness. We do the little things to be safe, create an environment that promotes health and support each other in our wellbeing.
Founded in 1974, Adams County commissioners initially established Adams County Housing Authority (ACHA) to further the mission of creating and preserving the vision of safe and affordable housing for all residents. A small housing authority in comparison to counterparts across the country, ACHA was always nimble and progressive in its approach. And in 2018, the organization changed its name to Unison Housing Partners to further harness the momentum of its progressive efforts. This new name defied the stereotypes of affordable housing and was reflective of the coming together of communities to support the hard working individuals and families on the path towards stability and economic independence.
From 2018 to 2020, Unison focused heavily on developing a strong and inclusive culture that evolved the organization and its vision for the future. In early 2020, Unison chose to change its name once again to Maiker Housing Partners to better reflect this forward-thinking momentum and the next chapter for the innovative public housing authority serving Adams County.
Maiker represents the identity and meaning we get from creating a home that is a combination of a safe, stable and affordable physical space, and a thriving community that provides access to jobs, services, transportation and social engagement for all residents.
Eva J. Henry
Paul V. Franke